View RSS Feed

cl525

1. Finally...

I remember back in 2002 (I was 14, just starting high school in a new city), the NHL season had just started and the Colorado Avalanche were set to face the Boston Bruins. Being a Colorado fan in Canada, it was exceptionally rare to see the Colorado Avalanche on TV. I would be able to see maybe 5 games a season and unfortunately, my parents wouldn’t allow me to have the NHL network (if it was even around then?) The only way was for the Avalanche to be playing a Canadian team on a nationally broadcasted ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. When is enough, enough?

Believe it or not, the NHL season is already into its second week. Fans are finally starting to come out of hibernation and pulling their favorite jerseys out of the closet. The offseason (which seems to get longer every year) is finally over and our favorite stars are all lacing them back up and online message boards are starting to pick back up.

This is the time of the year that you finally get to see your new draft picks, free agent signings and trades in your teams uniform. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Avalanche Opening Night.

Well gentleman, we’ve all been here. The most beautiful girl in school; the one you have always had a crush on. You’ve practised your speech in the mirror a thousand times, dressed in freshly ironed clothes and are wearing your finest cologne. Your stomach is filled with butterflies, your heart is racing a mile a minute - today is the day you are going to ask her out. The setting is perfect, she’s alone in the hallway and the sun is shining through the window reflecting off of her colourful ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized