View RSS Feed

Happy Gilmore

HG's Randumb Rum-Blings (Vol #4)

Rate this Entry
It has, in fact been 5 months since my last blog, and for that, i am deeply sorry...

Actually, no i am not.

I'm not sure if it was due to a severe lack in creativity, laziness, or if i just suck at life. I'll go with the latter.

Jumping back into it, there has been some crazy things happening in the world of hock hock this season.

#1 John Tavares had an insane OT winner last night vs Toronto, in Toronto, as the leafs lose (again) by a score of 4-3. Speaking of Tavares, at this moment, he is the NHL's scoring leader with 33 goals, 39 assists for 72 points in 69 games.

Not surprising, his performance has helped the NY Islanders remain on of the NHL's best teams all season long, and THAT is very surprising. It's looking like it will be a very tight race for the President's Trophy as the Islanders, Preds, Habs, and bolts have all passed the 90 point mark.

On the flip side, the Edmonton Oilers and the Buffalo Sabres have already been mathematically erased from the post season dance. Now it is just a race for McDavid.

It's been a crazy season so far with the bruins struggling to get into the playoffs, the flames have become the cardio comeback kids, bone jarring hits, highlight reel goals, accusations of tanking, more than one accusation of players sleeping with other players wives, jerseys tossed on to the ice and a race for the NHL leader board, and a race for the best prospect since Sidney Crosby.

Should be a FANtastic finsh to an already silly season.

Tanking talk ? This year's draft is posied to be on the the deepest in years with studs like McDavid, Eichel and Hanifin all lined up to go in the first round of the 2015 NHL Draft.

I for one, don't belive for one second that teams/players would tank games for the shot at a world class talent like McDavid or Eichel, as hockey players are all about heart and pride, but that is a debate for another day.

I'd laugh like crazy if this was the year the ping pong ball took a funny bounce...Arizona, Toronto ?
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Not my best work by any means, but it's been awhile and i need to get back into the flow...

My Apologies.