View RSS Feed

Happy Gilmore

HG's Randumb Rum-Blings (Vol #2)

Rate this Entry
Welp, NHL night #2 is in the books, so i'll get right to it.

Every passionate NHL fan, goes in to the season with a new sense of hope, faith, excitment, "frisson" and vigor. When the games finally begin, some fans are loyalists, some fans are purists, and some fans are quitters.

Yes, disgruntled oiler fan who tossed his jersey into the ice, (after just ONE game) I'm talking to you.

http://www.suddendeathhockeyforums.c...n&goto=newpost

Oh, and BTW, to the OTHER oilers fan who was probably too cheap to fork over the cash for a jersey, and tossed his oiler hoodie on to the ice instead, here is some free advice...

Make sure your cell phone is not in your pocket when you do it. Idiot.

12 games on the dockett for night #2, also brought the first questionable hit of the NHL season when, Tampa's Radko Gudas drilled Florida's Scottie Upshall in the melon.

It does not appear as though Gudas will not face any discipline for the hit, as the NHL has already consulted with Chris Pronger, and he said it was cool.

The Bruins and Red Wings met for the first time since last year's post season, and i watched the entire game waiting for Milan Lucic to stick someone in the balls.

And speaking of balls, what nerve on the bruins Brad Marchand. Did he not hear that the NHL was going to crack down on diving and embellishment ? I guess not, because shockingly, he became the first player put on the "embellishment" list.

Wait, he's a bruin, so i guess it's not so shocking after all

(Side note)* 2 other NHL players also made the naughty list, but no one wants to hear about that.

The bruins, who have a high octane offense, went to the motor city and spent the entire game skating as if the ice at the Joe was motor oil.

The new Verizion "half fast" commercial is pretty funny.

3 goals in two games for the bruins, while the pens, devils, and jets all managed to get a 6 spot on their opening nights.

"Half Fast", kind of like the way the bruins are playing tonight.

One last observation...

Who the hell made out the NHL schedule this year. Starting the season on a wed night is loony enough, but to have the first friday night of the season feature just one game ?

Looks as if i will be watching the new look NY Islanders and the "Rock me like a " Hurricanes.

Day # 3 of the NHL season awaits...
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Great read as always. You couldn't be any more correct, what a brutal way to start the season. Wednesday, one game on the Friday...like come on.
    It does not appear as though Gudas will not face any discipline for the hit, as the NHL has already consulted with Chris Pronger, and he said it was cool.

yea I am still shaking my head (probably cause I was elbowed at some point by Pronger) by the league decision to anoint Pronger as the voice of reason. Guy played beyond dirty his whole career and never had to because he had the talent and the size to play it clean