Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Eklund's Rumors...

The Legend Killer
    Blog Entries
    Text from a Source: Leafs "trying another route" to get Jacob Trouba...

February 1, 2017, 4:59 PM ET

just got this text from a source:

"Winnipeg didn't want to even consider moving Trouba during the season, but word is the Leafs are 'trying another route' and it is looking more and more possible that a deal could get done by the deadline to bring Trouba to Toronto..."
    Two time winner of the "Zukes" Cup (2011, 2012)

Jagr tells the crowd that he wanted to make a beautiful goal but ... "It hit my ass," he said.

"You know what was great, was today one of his fans mooned me, and he had Happy, written on his ass, HA on one cheek, and then sure enough PPY, right there on the other" ~ Shooter McGavin

The Legend Killer
    Blog Entries
    16 Days to Go. Rumors Intensify Around the NHL. Teams Moving on...Buzz@1

February 13, 2017, 12:33 PM ET

Ok...so here goes...

On Landeskog...

The rumors persist, and now the latest is tying Landeskog to the Bruins for Carlo. This one is a bit old actually. A few weeks ago there was no question this was being discussed and Boston made it known that Carlo was off the table...even though the inside word was Claude Julien was maybe a little more in favor of this deal than management...Now Julien is gone, and it feels as if this new management group is MORE about keeping young players...which would tend to make you believe Carlo is less available than he was when he was "untouchable." Is that possible?

I should have prefaced all of this by saying, HOWEVER, the Bruins current management is NOTHING if not completely unpredictable....so maybe...actually, I keep hearing the Islanders and Devils more connected to Landeskog...for now..

On Duchene and Carolina?

The hot rumor is Justin Faulk for Matt Duchene. It feels like this trade makes too much sense for both sides...I am just not yet convinced either team is looking to do that deal right now...I have heard the Rangers and Sabres in on Duchene as of late....That is what I said yesterday in my blog...

On Shattenkirk...

Now we are hearing about a "list of teams" Shattenkirk would go to...another sign that this deal is going down at the deadline and NOT as most anticipated until the Draft. The Blues have fallen off the pace a bit, and it feels like management may be using the fact that they already have a coaching issue and goaltending issues and suddenly be ok writing off this season...which feels odd for a team who made it to the Conference Finals 9 months ago...

On Michel Therrien...

The wolves are circling, and I am not one to report on rumors of firings....so if I am writing about this today you can be sure I am hearing he is perfectly safe in Montreal as of now. I talked to quite a few people about this...

On Ben Bishop...

As things sit right now, I really believe Bishop will be dealt by the deadline. I know the Flyers, Stars, Blues and Flames are among possibilities...

Coming up still....Flyers and Senators Rumors...

Jagr tells the crowd that he wanted to make a beautiful goal but ... "It hit my ass," he said.

"You know what was great, was today one of his fans mooned me, and he had Happy, written on his ass, HA on one cheek, and then sure enough PPY, right there on the other" ~ Shooter McGavin

The Legend Killer
    Blog Entries
    Iginla and LA or Edm? Evander in Bleu Blanc et Rouge? Duchene...Buzz@3

February 16, 2017, 11:36 AM ET

On Iginla...

I was just following up on a report by Pierre Lebrun that the Kings may have interest in Iginla and unsurprisingly there is a lot smoke there. Sutter had Iginla in Calgary of course...Lebrun also mentioned Edmonton with Iginla, and that would be another great landing spot and really help the young players to have a player of such high regard to play along side of.

There is nothing like the experience of watching a consummate pro perform his job day in and day out. I remember discussing Peter Forsberg's brief sojourn in Nashville with those players and even though it was just a few short months the impact was felt all around that room years later.

There would be great irony in Iginla playing for the other side of the Battle of Alberta.

On Evander Kane...

Kane has been scouted by many teams this year and there is an obvious reluctance...A few sources of mine had tied him to Montreal, but one main source told me Therrien would never allow it...However, there may be another look now that Julien is at the helm...

On Matt Duchene...

It's heating up and I get the sense that this will happen before the deadline...no new news or teams to report, but a growing feeling among those I talk to that Duchene is a deadline deal, not a summer deal.

Word is that this has been really bothering Duchene and he is starting to look unhappy around the room. This really sucks, because you won't find a nicer guy in the NHL. I hope for his sake that something gives...

The Legend Killer
    Blog Entries
    Blackhawks Deal for a Forward Close. Sharp and Caps/Mtl? Kings Shake-up

February 21, 2017, 4:40 PM ET

Continuing this afternoon...

On Chicago..

It is not uncommon for Chicago to make their trade deadline deals early and it sounds like they may be on that track once again today. I am hearing they have focused in on specific forward, believed to be either Vanek or Eaves... It is starting to sound like they AREN'T going to bring back Sharp, but of course things can change quickly this time of year...

On Patrick Sharp...

I have heard Sharp is in high demand though due to his playoff experience and history of scoring big goals...This afternoon I heard a rumor of Sharp to Montreal for Desharnais and a 2nd round pick...I have also heard Sharp rumored to Washington...

On the Kings...

I have been looking into the rumors of Iginla to LA and happened upon the rumor that next season Dean Lombardi could be elevated in the LA system and Rob Blake will be given the GM job. I can't think of a better idea if I am the Kings. Blake is crazy intelligent and respected around the hockey world...

more to come..

The Legend Killer
    Blog Entries
    On Sharp, Vanek, Streit, Oduya, Bishop and more

February 23, 2017, 5:28 PM ET

Quick hits.

On Patrick Sharp...

There are some who are saying "Sharp is the next deal to go down" and as of this afternoon it really appears that Sharp could be headed to San Jose in a deal that would make the Sharks even more suited to compete for the Cup...

On Vanek...

Still Chicago is my favorite for Vanek, but Florida is now also rumored to be looking at TV.

On Streit...

There is plenty of buzz surrounding Mark Streit, as he may be the next best bet to Shattenkirk for a team needing help on the defensive end of things...The three teams I am tracking the most here are Edmonton, LA and Florida...although some say Montreal could be a surprise entry..

On Oduya...

He is skating again and Pitt was interested in him, but now that they have grabbed Hainsey it looks as though Oduya could be more likely to Washington or the Rangers, but Chicago and Montreal are also paying attention to how he looks returning from this injury...

On Bishop..

A lot of folks saying he could end up staying in Tampa since he is the better of the two goalies currently....

Have more on Neuvirth, Duclair, Eaves and Boyle coming up..

Philadelphia Flyers Moderator
    Flyers are definitely sellers.

As much as Streit gets a bad wrap. He is a dependable, healthy offensive D that can really help out the PP. Sure he slips up from time to time, but who on the Flyers Defense doesn't outside of Provorov?

I definitely think that one of our goalies goes. We have such an awesome pipeline of goalies and defenders, we need to clear space for some of them to get NHL minutes. We need to trade off some aging guys (some in their prime) to grab at some draft picks or young forward prospects. This Flyers club is really starting to take shape.

Travis
    2014-2015 Ceeb Pool Champion of the World
    2016-2017 Ceeb Pool Champion of the World

The Legend Killer
    Blog Entries
    Shattenkirk Update.....a trio of teams bidding for a rental..

February 27, 2017, 6:00 PM ET

Ok, so Brian Lawton has tweeted out that the Caps and Penguins are in a battle for Shattenkirk...I have talked about Pittsburgh, but I'm also hearing the NY Rangers are in...sounds like gets done very soon...

The Legend Killer
    Blog Entries
    Big rumors this morning. Updated 11:45am

I am going to post quick hit updates so I can get right back to the phones..

On Montreal...

it really appears like the Canadiens are being aggressive now and trying to replenich their defense by using Galchenyuk and either acquire Brodin out of Minnesota or Marc Staal and a pick from NY...

On Landeskog for Ceci...

VERY hot rumor this morning...giving it an e3, but if it increases to an e4 I will update you..It very well may...The Senators are afraid they can't protect all the players they want to on Defense and Colorado is lookig to add D and loves Ceci.

On NY Islanders and Duchene..

Its coming down to Pittsburgh, Tampa, and the NY Islanders...The Isles are rumored to be upping their offer...Montreal has moved away from Duchene I am told...but of course that could always change...

The Legend Killer
    Blog Entries
    February 18, 2018, 11:58 AM ET

First off...A terrible incident last night in Chicago...Every time you think that our society has evolved a bit we see how a few idiots were left behind in the evolutionary chain... The NHL made the following statement...

NEW YORK - "Last night in Chicago, individuals directed racial taunts and abuse at Washington Capitals player Devante Smith-Pelly," said NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman. "The National Hockey League condemns this unacceptable and reprehensible behavior. The League fully supports the actions taken by the United Center and the Blackhawks to eject the offenders and would expect the same response to any similarly unacceptable behavior at any of our arenas.

"While this incident was isolated in nature, no player, coach, official or fan should ever have to endure such abuse at one of our games. The League will take steps to have our clubs remind all stakeholders that they are entitled to enjoy a positive environment - free from unacceptable, inappropriate, disruptive, inconsiderate or unruly behaviors or actions and may not engage in conduct deemed detrimental to that experience."

Devante Smith-Pelly is a class individual, but it really sucks when ANYONE has to endure such morons.

Back to rumors...

On Montreal/St Louis Rumor.....

BIG trade rumor coming out of St. Louis today...The rumored deal would send 3 roster players, one of which is Max Pacioretty, to St. Louis in return for Jaden Schwartz and a draft pick. This rumor surprised me as although Schwartz has faced a ton of injury issues he is also a crazy talented player who would fit in very well in Montreal.

More on the Leafs and McDonagh....

This rumor just won't go away...I am hearing JvR is NOT in this deal, "at least directly...."

On the Senators...

Hearing quite a few teams have really been working the phones on Brassard...including NJ, Carolina, Winnipeg...The Sens are asking for a ton...one assistant GM told me: “a first, a second, a roster player and a goalie prospect...”

The Legend Killer
    Blog Entries
    June 4, 2018, 10:34 AM ET

A few quick hit rumors before I head to DC for game 4...

On Pat Maroon...

When Maroon was dealt from Edmonton it was widely believed he would be a pure rental and return to where Connor McDavid wanted him...on the Oilers...That was about as sure of a bet as you could make...Now suddenly...it sounds like Maroon won't be back in Edmonton...and likely re-signed in NJ. What's going on here?

So I made some calls last night and this morning and was told "The Oilers are going big. Really big. They are spending the money elsewhere...to bolster the defense." When I asked if that meant Erik Karlsson or John Carlson I was told, "Yes."

John Carlsson is a UFA of course, but Erik has a year to go and would require a trade. So here we are...Could Klefbom be moved to Ottawa as part of a package? Again my source replied "Yes. Absolutely" More to come on this for sure.

The Habs and Tkachuk (and Pacioretty)

Although they would LOVE to add a center with the #3 pick I am hearing the Canadiens came out of the combine with a much deeper appreciation for Tkachuk...so stay tuned...Also, the Habs are talking extension with Pacioretty, but I fully believe it is with the intention of a sign and trade...again the Panthers are the team most likely...starting to hear some names that could be headed Montreal's way, but nothing on the record yet...

Isles could move BOTH first rounders for a Goalie...Corey Schneider?

Lou did it before and he may be part of it again...I am told the the Isles are looking to grab their bonafide starter with "either 1 or both of their first rounders." One source just texted me, after we completed our podcast, "Schneider is definitely on the radar."

The Legend Killer
    Blog Entries
    Wings in BIG on Hanifin. Caps working with Carlson. Grubauer and Blues?

June 17, 2018, 10:16 AM ET

On John Carlson...

The Caps are working really hard on finding a way to keep him. The sides have been meeting a ton over the last few days. The Leafs are waiting in the wings and the Caps are well aware of that fact...

On Hanifin...

Many, many teams in on Hanifin...But the Red Wings are amping up their trade offer I am told...The Canucks are willing to give the 7th overall...

On Grubauer...

The Islanders and Canes are still the favorites for Grubauer.....However....starting to hear the Blues are considering this...which would mean moving Jake Allen...There are rumblings regarding the Sabres having interest, but I am not buying that....yet...things can change minute to minute at this point...

The Legend Killer
    Blog Entries
    Trotz Resigns; Toews and Weber? Patches, Karlsson, Risto, JvR..

June 18, 2018, 12:33 PM

UPDATE - Stanley Cup winning head coach Barry Trotz has resigned from the Washington Capitals.

In a press statement, Trotz said: “After careful consideration and consultation with my family, I’m officially announcing my resignation as head coach of the Washington Capitals. When I came to Washington four years ago we had one goal in mind and that was to bring the Stanley Cup to the nation’s capital. We had an incredible run the season culminating with our players and staff achieving our goal and sharing the excitement with our fans. I would like to thank Mr. Leonsis, Dick Patrick and Brian Maclellan for giving me the opportunity to be a part of this great organization. I would also like to thank our players and staff worked tirelessly every day to achieve our success.”

On Shea Weber and Jonathan Toews...

This is my exclusive to a degree, and I wish I could tell you my connection to this, because you would all be more interested for sure..but of course I can't. I am not saying these two players are getting moved for each other, or even that they are getting moved at all. I am just saying there have been continued discussions...and they aren't fading at all. Both teams have taken calls and have not yet made decisions...That is newsworthy because of the kind of players we are looking at here....I will continue to monitor...

On JvR and Chicago?

The Leafs could still bring JvR back, but there is little doubt other teams are looking forward to visiting with James next week...One of those teams...The Chicago Blackhawks...

On Pacioretty....

The extension talk is a bit of a smoke screen I am told...there are two teams who would like some assurances about future cap stuff, but I still think a deal gets done with Florida at, or just following, the Draft.

On Erik Karlsson....

I keep hearing more and more about Colorado and Karlsson...A good friend of Karlsson's has also told me he believes it is either Edmonton or Colorado...I keep feeling the Rangers will be a player, but honestly haven't had a single source over the past month or so tell me the Rangers are serious at all...

On Ristolainen...

Still don't believe he is actually moving, but I will say that I am shocked at how many people are telling me they have heard Edmonton, Vancouver, Vegas, and Montreal have talked to Buffalo...already...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123