Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 31

Thread: Mcdonalds...

  1. #1
    The Legend Killer
    Happy Gilmore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Just a tad north of hell.
    Posts
    11,078
    Blog Entries
    5

    Mcdonalds...

    http://consumerist.com/2010/10/mcdon...s-in-2011.html

    HA-HA...i used to be a huge fan of that place.

    It's been awhile since i have eaten there, as i have noticed that the quality of the food has gone waaaay downhill the last few years, as well as the service.

    The fact that they are considering RAISING prices is another deterrent from ever going there again.

  2. #2
    Needs a new hobby
    Users License plate
    Halak41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Newfoundland
    Age
    40
    Posts
    25,527
    Only Eatin At Mcdonalds Once In My Whole Life!! ..

  3. #3
    meh i like micky D's from time to time. Generally a great hangover special. Though it's no A&W or Harveys.

  4. #4
    Needs a new hobby
    Users License plate
    Halak41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Newfoundland
    Age
    40
    Posts
    25,527
    Rather Wendy's

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by OldTimeHockey View Post
    meh i like micky D's from time to time. Generally a great hangover special. Though it's no A&W or Harveys.
    You must live in Canada. That's the only time I've seen an A&W.

  6. #6
    Colorado Avalanche Moderator
    Users License plate
    cl525's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Penticton, B.C.
    Posts
    5,842
    Blog Entries
    3
    I love, love, love McDonalds...although the service is the absolute pits. In fact, I haven't aten there in forever because of the service.

    Wendy's is the way to go.

  7. #7
    Colorado Avalanche Moderator
    Users License plate
    cl525's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Penticton, B.C.
    Posts
    5,842
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboy82nd View Post
    You must live in Canada. That's the only time I've seen an A&W.


    There are a ton of A&W's in the States too.

  8. #8
    A&W is the greatest then Arbys oh and Harveys too
    Last edited by 2fast4u; 10-30-2011 at 03:08 PM.

  9. #9
    Jordan Eberle's #1 Fan
    Users License plate
    JEberle14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    North of Edmonton
    Age
    27
    Posts
    86
    I have only eaten McDonalds a few times in my life, but haven't ate there in a long time. A & W is great.

  10. #10
    Winnipeg Jets and Montréal Canadiens Moderator
    grain wetski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,748
    McD makes good coffee; i'm hooked to a degree.

  11. #11
    All-Star
    Users License plate
    Mayhem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East of Edmonton.
    Age
    46
    Posts
    2,379
    Can't beat a DQ double chseeseburger.
    Hall
    Eberle
    Lander
    Pouliot

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by grain wetski View Post
    McD makes good coffee; i'm hooked to a degree.
    Was just about to post that, excellent coffee at McRaunchies, also will admit to the occassional greasewheel indulgence there as well though not my first choice, their new premium type burgs are pretty good, sausage mcmuffins to start a roadtrip is practically tradition.

    Arbys? I don't know WTF that **** is they call roast beef but it is stomache churning imo.
    "For me, I'd like to be the guy that looks at Mike Gillis and says, 'You're a moron.' It doesn't really do anybody any good other than the fact that Mike Gillis looks like, as they say on TSN, a dud." - Gary Roberts.

  13. #13
    DQ has by fare the best onion rings.
    "For me, I'd like to be the guy that looks at Mike Gillis and says, 'You're a moron.' It doesn't really do anybody any good other than the fact that Mike Gillis looks like, as they say on TSN, a dud." - Gary Roberts.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboy82nd View Post
    You must live in Canada. That's the only time I've seen an A&W.
    There's some out here in California, I like the root beer but the food seems kind of cheap to me.

    Twitter: @t_betts94

  15. #15
    Jordan Eberle's #1 Fan
    Users License plate
    JEberle14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    North of Edmonton
    Age
    27
    Posts
    86
    A & W Root Beer Floats.

  16. #16
    Colorado Avalanche Moderator
    Users License plate
    cl525's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Penticton, B.C.
    Posts
    5,842
    Blog Entries
    3
    I'm suprised to see A&W and DQ is popular.

    I would rather eat at McDonald's all day every day than ever step foot in A&W, Burger King or DQ. Groooooooooooooossssssssssssssssssss. My stomach quivers just thinking about it.

  17. #17
    SDHF Super Moderator
    Users License plate

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    wherever pucks fly
    Posts
    2,190
    fast food in general sucks. After seeing what I saw this morning on the news I will never eat at McDonald's again, their is an ingredient in McRibs that is also found in gym mats and the rubber sols on shoes.

  18. #18
    Best onion rings is Harveys or A&W by far and i don't really like onions to begin with but i will eat those rings.

  19. #19
    Up until a little while ago, McDonalds french fries were made of 100% compressed wheat. I know this for a fact 100%

  20. #20
    SDHF Super Moderator
    Users License plate

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    wherever pucks fly
    Posts
    2,190
    Quote Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
    Up until a little while ago, McDonalds french fries were made of 100% compressed wheat. I know this for a fact 100%
    Not a shock, they were, and still are, beyond nasty. That's one thing I hate about fast food, its FAKE.

  21. #21
    I learned that from my grandsons doctor. He is allergic to wheat and he had some fries from there and broke out, then doctor told the daughter why he broke out, the fries.

  22. #22
    Winnipeg Jets and Montréal Canadiens Moderator
    grain wetski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,748
    Quote Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
    Up until a little while ago, McDonalds french fries were made of 100% compressed wheat. I know this for a fact 100%
    that's odd; until recently my aunt worked at the Carnation plant in Carberry, Mb, and they supplied McD with fries here in Western Canada. We always had boxes of McD fries in the freezer (staff could purchase a limited amount). We'd hit the fields after harvest for free leftover potatoes as well- set us up for most of the year...perhaps the gluton coating they add to hold consistency in the fryer was the reaction? It used to be beef talllow, until the vegans found out and freaked...

  23. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by grain wetski View Post
    that's odd; until recently my aunt worked at the Carnation plant in Carberry, Mb, and they supplied McD with fries here in Western Canada. We always had boxes of McD fries in the freezer (staff could purchase a limited amount). We'd hit the fields after harvest for free leftover potatoes as well- set us up for most of the year...perhaps the gluton coating they add to hold consistency in the fryer was the reaction? It used to be beef talllow, until the vegans found out and freaked...
    grain knows.
    "For me, I'd like to be the guy that looks at Mike Gillis and says, 'You're a moron.' It doesn't really do anybody any good other than the fact that Mike Gillis looks like, as they say on TSN, a dud." - Gary Roberts.

  24. #24
    The Legend Killer
    Happy Gilmore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Just a tad north of hell.
    Posts
    11,078
    Blog Entries
    5
    http://gma.yahoo.com/mcdonalds-dumps...205521245.html

    McDonald's Dumps McMuffin Egg Factory Over Health Concerns

    By CYNTHIA GALLI, ANGELA HILL and RYM MOMTAZ | Good Morning America

    McDonald's will be looking for a new source of eggs for many of its hugely popular Egg McMuffins.
    The fast food company says it "will no longer accept" eggs from one of the country's biggest egg companies, Sparboe Farms, that is the subject of an ABC News investigation to be broadcast Friday on "20/20" and "World News with Diane Sawyer" and was cited Thursday by the Food and Drug Administration for "significant…and serious violations" in the production of eggs.

    In one of the most forceful enforcement actions since last year's salmonella egg outbreak, the FDA issued a company-wide warning letter to Sparboe Farms, the country's fifth largest egg producer.

    Citing "serious" and "significant violations" at five different locations, the FDA cited at least 13 violations of the recently enacted federal egg rule meant to prevent dangerous salmonella outbreaks.

    "This is a warning that there is a systemic problem, not just at one barn or one location," said former FDA food safety chief David Acheson, now an industry consultant.

    The ABC News broadcast will include undercover video taken over the summer inside Sparboe facilities in three states by an animal rights group, Mercy for Animals, that appears to show unsanitary conditions and repeated acts of animal cruelty.

    Until today, the Sparboe facility in Vincent, Iowa, had produced all eggs used by McDonald's restaurants west of the Mississippi River.

    In its statement, McDonald's said its decision was based on concerns about "the management of Sparboe facilities."

    "McDonald's expects all of our suppliers to meet our stringent requirements for delivering high quality food prepared in a humane and responsible manner," the company said in a statement released to ABC News overnight.

    The Mercy for Animals activist who went undercover to record the video inside Sparboe told ABC News chief investigative correspondent Brian Ross, "I saw workers do horrendous things to birds, they were thrown, grabbed by the neck, they're slammed in and out of cages."

    Nathan Runkle, the executive director of Mercy for Animals, said the video shows how health hazards can be linked to large scale, low-cost egg producers, so-called "factory farms."

    "They're the model of efficiency but they place an emphasis on profit over animal welfare," said Runkle, who says he and his members eat no animal products because of the animal cruelty they have seen.



    Sparboe executives told Ross the employees seen on the tape abusing the chickens were all fired.

    "We have a zero tolerance policy," said Ken Klippen, Sparboe's director of government relations. "People who violate that policy, we take that very seriously."

    On a one-hour guided tour of the Sparboe facility in Vincent, Iowa, the source of all McDonald's eggs for restaurants west of the Mississippi, Klippen told Ross the Sparboe's facilities are "state of the art.

    Sparboe has never had a single egg or chicken detected with salmonella, said Klippen, who added "there was no cause for any enforcement action.".

    The 2010 salmonella outbreak affected more than 1,900 people and was traced to a different Iowa egg producer, Wright County Eggs.

    More than a half-billion eggs had to be destroyed and the episode produced a nationwide health scare over the safety of eggs.

    Salmonella in eggs is easily killed when both the white and the yolk are cooked thoroughly enough to be hard.

    Many of those sickened last year ate custard at a California catering hall that had eggs from Wright County Eggs.

    Federal authorities promised stepped up inspections and enforcement, and FDA officials said this week's action against Sparboe Farms was part of that effort.

    McDonald's says its customers should have no health concerns because all of it eggs are thoroughly cooked before being sold.

    "This is not a food safety issue for our menu items," McDonald's said in its statement. "We can assure our customers that eggs in our entire supply chain meet McDonald's high standards for quality and safety."

    As to the allegations of animal cruelty, a spokesperson said the behavior seen on videos provided by 20/20 was "disturbing and completely unacceptable."
    Last edited by Happy Gilmore; 11-18-2011 at 02:07 PM.
    Two time winner of the "Zukes" Cup (2011, 2012)

    Jagr tells the crowd that he wanted to make a beautiful goal but ... "It hit my ass," he said.

    "You know what was great, was today one of his fans mooned me, and he had Happy, written on his ass, HA on one cheek, and then sure enough PPY, right there on the other" ~ Shooter McGavin

  25. #25
    Colorado Avalanche Moderator
    Users License plate
    cl525's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Penticton, B.C.
    Posts
    5,842
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by wingnut View Post
    Not a shock, they were, and still are, beyond nasty. That's one thing I hate about fast food, its FAKE.
    you say fake....I say fake'n delicious...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •