Thread: Flyers/Bolts Trade

Greatest Ceeb Pool Champ of All Time

Flyers/Bolts Trade

http://www.tsn.ca/flyers-acquire-fil...tning-1.684783

The Philadelphia Flyers have traded defenceman Mark Streit to the Tampa Bay Lightning for*Valtteri Filppula, a 2017 fourth-round pick and conditional 2017 seventh-round pick.
    TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun adds the Flyers retained 4.7 per cent of Streit's salary in the trade.

Streit has scored five goals and 16*assists in 49*games with the Flyers, his fourth season with the team.
    The 39-year-old signed a four-year, $21 million contract with the Flyers prior to the 2013-14 season and waived his no trade clause in order to complete the deal.
    The 11-year NHL veteran has also spent time with the New York Islanders and Montreal Canadiens, totaling 95*goals and 333*assists in 765*games.
    The native of Switzerland will be an unrestricted free agent this offseason.
    Streit was drafted by the Canadiens in the ninth round (262nd overall) of the 2004 NHL Entry Draft.*
    Filppula has seven goals and 27 assists in 59 games with the Lightning, his fourth season with the team.
    The 32-year-old signed a five-year, $25 million contract with the Lightning during the 2013 offseason and he also waived his no movement clause in order to complete the deal.
    The native of Finland has one year remaining on his contract, with a cap hit of $5 million.

A 12-year NHL veteran, Filppula previously played eight seasons with the Detroit Red Wings and won a Stanley Cup with the Wings in 2008.
    Filppula was drafted by the Red Wings in the third round (95th overall) of the 2002 NHL Entry Draft.

Philadelphia Flyers Moderator
    I don't know about this trade. Unless Vegas take Filppula, we either have to buy out his last year or have him around for next season. I don't think anyone would trade for him in the offseason.

I like the 4th pick and the 7th, but not sure what conditions have to be met. Also, I don't know if Streit getting traded to the pens effect that condition.

Essentially, the Lightning just traded

Filppula, TB 2017 4th, TB 2017 7th

for

Pens 2018 4th

2014-2015 Ceeb Pool Champion of the World
    2016-2017 Ceeb Pool Champion of the World