Thread: New goaie coach, Mike Dunham

The Legend Killer
    Blog Entries

New goaie coach, Mike Dunham

The Boston Bruins have hired Mike Dunham to be their goalie development coach.

Dunham had spent the last 11 seasons as the New York Islanders' goalie coach, but he was let go by the Islanders this offseason. The Bruins have had a hard time developing a quality goalie behind starter Tuukka Rask, so adding a guy with Dunham's experience could certainly make a difference down the line. "We feel real fortunate that we found a really highly experienced guy that we can drop right in there and feel very comfortable about," GM Don Sweeney said of Dunham. "I do believe the organization could have been served better had we done this years ago. We feel that, despite great proximity-wise, we just feel that our goaltending position, that we can do a better job overall of giving more resources to our individual players on a daily basis, whether it’s through daily interaction in practices or video work, or supplemental work."
    Two time winner of the "Zukes" Cup (2011, 2012)

Jagr tells the crowd that he wanted to make a beautiful goal but ... "It hit my ass," he said.

"You know what was great, was today one of his fans mooned me, and he had Happy, written on his ass, HA on one cheek, and then sure enough PPY, right there on the other" ~ Shooter McGavin

The Legend Killer
    Blog Entries
    Yep, lets worry about not being able to find a suitable netminder to back up rask, then hire a former goalie with a horrendous win/loss record, and a deplorable GAA.

Two time winner of the "Zukes" Cup (2011, 2012)

Jagr tells the crowd that he wanted to make a beautiful goal but ... "It hit my ass," he said.

"You know what was great, was today one of his fans mooned me, and he had Happy, written on his ass, HA on one cheek, and then sure enough PPY, right there on the other" ~ Shooter McGavin