Thread: Green Monster draped with 'Racism is as American as baseball' sign

Greatest Ceeb Pool Champ of All Time

Green Monster draped with 'Racism is as American as baseball' sign

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/mlb/...cid=spartanntp

The iconic Green Monster at Fenway Park was draped with a sign that read "Racism is as American as baseball" on Wednesday night as the Boston Red Sox played host to the Oakland Athletics.

The banner was quickly confiscated by security personnel, and those holding it were removed from the ballpark, according to Evan Drellich of WEEI.
    This marks the second time this season that racism has been a very public issue at Fenway Park. In May, the Red Sox and the mayor of Boston apologized to Baltimore Orioles center fielder Adam Jones after the five-time All-Star said he was "called the n-word a handful of times" during a game.

Simon Boisvert‏

Marc Bergevin loves making trades involving 4th liners and 7th defensemen. He's fascinated by players similar to what he was back in the day

Greatest Ceeb Pool Champ of All Time
    Really??? Some people need to wake the f*ck up and look at what is going on in the world around them.

Simon Boisvert‏

Marc Bergevin loves making trades involving 4th liners and 7th defensemen. He's fascinated by players similar to what he was back in the day

The Legend Killer
    Blog Entries
    Yep....idiots everywhere.

Boston has a rep of being a "racist" city, and depending on how you choose I look at this sign, I don't have to wonder why they can't shake that label.

Things like this just makes me sad.
    Two time winner of the "Zukes" Cup (2011, 2012)

Jagr tells the crowd that he wanted to make a beautiful goal but ... "It hit my ass," he said.

"You know what was great, was today one of his fans mooned me, and he had Happy, written on his ass, HA on one cheek, and then sure enough PPY, right there on the other" ~ Shooter McGavin