Thread: Gudas suspended 2 game for high-sticking

Philadelphia Flyers Moderator

Gudas suspended 2 game for high-sticking

https://www.nhl.com/news/philadelphi...?tid=277549076

NEW YORK - Philadelphia Flyers defenseman Radko Gudas has been suspended for two games, without pay, for high-sticking Tampa Bay Lightning forward Nikita Kucherov during NHL Game No. 918 in Philadelphia on Tuesday, Feb. 19, the National Hockey League's Department of Player Safety announced today.

The incident occurred at 15:52 of the third period. Gudas was assessed a minor penalty for high-sticking.

Gudas is considered a repeat offender under the terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement and, based on his average annual salary, will forfeit $81,707.32. The money goes to the Players' Emergency Assistance Fund.

Travis
    2014-2015 Ceeb Pool Champion of the World
    2016-2017 Ceeb Pool Champion of the World

Philadelphia Flyers Moderator
    This just goes to show the consistency that the NHL has.

If you're a star player that's a repeat offender, a slap on the wrist is enough. If you're a Flyer repeat offender, will get you out of the Pens game. Haha

Actually, I don't have too much of an issue with 2 games. It was not that much of a hit on the helmet. I have had similar before, and just keep skating. A bit of an over reaction from Kuch, but 1 game would have sufficed.....although, I may be biased. I don't think I am???

The issue I have is that Malkins intentional baseball swing at Raffls head, which has ended careers before and could have been more devastating got only one game. Malkin has thrown many dirty plays out there, but due to his status, seems to be let off with many so it doesn't show up as bad on the records.

Well, at least Myers can get a nice taste of outdoor games come Flyers/Pens. It's going to be a feisty one after the other nights game.
    Flyers are a bit amped up at the moment after a few physical games.

Travis
    2014-2015 Ceeb Pool Champion of the World
    2016-2017 Ceeb Pool Champion of the World