Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My man cave (so far) still working on it

SDHF Super Moderator
    Users License plate
    i'm saving sticks too, wood ones. I'm going to laminate them and use them for the treads on the stairs

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    No kidding?! That is one incredible room Chewie.

Oh...and welcome to SDHF!
    Thanks, always great to find another place to talk hockey.

Quote Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
    I see you had lots of fun with the water and plumbing wwith the bar. I like the stick idea on the bar. I am collecting sticks but all composite ones. But not just any sticks, all Warriors and then will put a few wood ones here and there. But ya i feel for ya with the water and plumbing. Where my bar is being built, everything is right there. But thats the ***** about basements though.
    The plumbing was sort of expected (80 year old house) but wasn't as bad as I had originally feared. Since I didn't have the sticks completely covering the bar front, I actually cut them in half with a table saw. It only took me half the time to collect enough sticks, and I like how it ended up looking because the sticks are still fairly flush to the bar side. Plus it made it a whole lot easier to put them up, just some finishing nails in a nail gun.

ya my house is only 25 years old so everything was put in not all that long ago. Plus i am out in the country and it all goes off the sump pump so that makes it a bit easier for me. And right above the bar is all the water lines that run up to the kitchen, so another bonus. The only thing that i keep changing my mind with is the wood and coloring. I have made up my mind about 20 times, and each time i go to get the wood i come up with a different design or color scheme lol....... It will all be done hopefully by the beginning of spring....hopefully. I am now thinking of doing the whole front of the bar in old barn boards and do some old barn beams around the rooms somewhere. I have access to alot of the barn boards from a few neighbors around me . So making sure i have enough or the same style boards isn't an issue.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123