+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ever wonder what Crawford said when he lost his mind

SDHF Administrator
    Caitlin is on a distinguished road Caitlin's Avatar

ever wonder what Crawford said when he lost his mind

this is an section from the book by Av writer Blood Feud

"Blood Feud" about the Wings-Avs rivalry of days gone by. Ever wondered what Marc Crawford was yelling at Scotty Bowman? Ever wonder if Crawford was really that sleazy? Wonder no more:

Bowman (to Crawford): You just want a rallying point. You want a rallying point, that's all. It's over.
    (muffled)
    Crawford: You got your rallying point. You got yours, we got ours now. We got ours. You gonna apologize? (louder) Are you gonna apologize?
    Wings associate coach Barry Smith (to Bowman): Scotty, let him go, please.
    Linesman: We're gonna get the game goin', all right?
    Crawford comes back and stands over glass, leaning over to the Red Wings bench.
    Crawford (leaning forward, inches from Bowman's face): Are you gonna apologize for that? Are you gonna apologize for that, you f***in' old c**t?
    Bowman: For what?
    Crawford: You f***in' old c**t.
    Bowman: For what?
    Crawford: For f***in' Shanahan. (muffled)
    Bowman makes a dismissive face.
    Avalanche assistant coach Mike Foligno: That's f***in' bull***t Scotty. He's f***in' down, he's f***in' pounding his head on the ice.
    Crawford (to Bowman): f*** you, you f***in' a**hole, you're a f***in' loser.
    Bowman: No, he did nothing wrong.
    Crawford (looking over to Red Wings players): Are you gonna apologize for that? Are you gonna apologize for that? Are you gonna apologize for that? Are you gonna apologize for that? Are you gonna apologize?
    Aaron Ward: f*** off. Sit down.
    Crawford (looking over at Ward): Come on Ward. Come on (motions with index finger). Any f***in' time, boy, any f***in' time, ya f***in' - you're all a bunch of (expletive). Especially you, you f***in' ...
    Crawford moves forward a bit and starts shaking and pointing his finger at Bowman, who has moved further down the bench, in the middle.
    Foligno: Hey, he took a f***in' swing at him. The trainer took a f***in' swing at him.
    Crawford (shrieking): I'll f***in' kill you. I will. I'll get you, you c***sucker.
    Beer from the stands sprays on Crawford. He looks back briefly, nearly loses his balance. Somebody grabs his left arm. The crowd is yelling, "Craw-ford." Crawford tries to gain his footing.
    Crawford: I'll f***in' get you.
    Linesman: Don't. Crow, don't! (to Foligno) Get him down.
    Crawford (with Foligno restraining him): You f***in' old c**t. You f***in' a**hole. I'm gonna get you. I am. I will.
    Foligno (to Crawford): Come on.
    Stephane Yelle and Foligno hold Crawford back.
    Crawford: Your time has come, and I'm gonna get you.
    Crawford walks away momentarily. Barry Smith and Steve Yzerman look at Crawford in disbelief. Crawford drops a few more F-bombs to no one in particular and talks to the linesman briefly, then walks back over to the glass partition. The crowd is yelling, "Craw-ford, Craw-ford."
    Crawford (to Smith): Whose f***in' a** ya kissin' now Barry, whose a** ya kissin'? Whose a** ya kissin'?
    Smith, Yzerman, and Draper look at Crawford as if witnessing a car crash.

Banned
    Users License plate
    2fast4u is on a distinguished road

Colorado Avalanche Moderator
    Users License plate
    cl525 is on a distinguished road cl525's Avatar
    Did you ever read that book Caitlin? I need to get my hands on it...Dater is a great writer and I would love to check that out.

With that said...I definately am not suprised to read those words. Crow definately lost his temper there and it certainly seems fitting. I had a chance to sit down with Crow a few years ago and let me tell you, he was a NICE guy... had the time to spend 15 minutes to sit and chat with me. Respected him ever since.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Man NL View Post
    cl knows.....
    Quote Originally Posted by yoata View Post
    Chad knows

+ Reply to Thread